Increase our Faith

Lk. 17:5 Increase our faith!
"I have faith, I just want proof to back it up" - was spoken by an actor, that reminded me that many struggle sometimes to have faith.
Unexpected expenses cause bills to pile up, a loved one is diagnosed with an incurable disease. The loss of a job leaves a person wondering how they will support their family.
Life experiences can cause faith to expand and deflate like a hot air balloon. Have you ever felt that way? I know I have. Have you ever felt at times that your faith was shrinking instead of growing?
Even those that were the closest to Y’Shua didn’t exhibit super faith or impeccable behavior. But they knew what they needed and asked for it.
Matt. 17:20 If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Conquer your mountain! When you feel defeated, put a rock on the floor in front of you. Stand on it. Now you have conquered it.
If it stands in your way, walk around it for there is always another way.
If it bothers you, kick it aside. Then cast it away, because you will not walk in offense. Now pick it up. You have done the impossible, you have moved a mountain.
This is your mountain. G-d said to move it; you just thought it was bigger.
The rock was once a boulder, the boulder was once a mountain. Remember, mountains are only as large as you see them.
Some people read Matt. 17:20 and get frustrated because they have faith, but the mountains don’t seem to be moving. We can believe, and we can try, but sometimes those mountains won’t budge.
When I was a young girl, I remember hearing the preacher talk about this verse. I had the faith; he said it and I believed it. I went out and spoke to an ant hill – it did not move! So I spent the rest of my time building up my faith and found it sometimes came through life’s hardships.
Faith still moves mountains, but sometimes the greater act of faith is not seeing the mountain move instantly. We have to work with G-d to move it bit by bit.
What is the mountain in your life? Ask G-d for more faith, and then watch that mountain become a pile of little rocks.
Rom. 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of G-d.

No comments: