Ironic Life

Dare to Live an Ironic Life
The reason I love irony so much is because it is sprinkled throughout the teachings of Ya’Shua. In fact, His whole kingdom on earth is based on ironic thought and action.
To live, you must die.
To receive, you must give.
To gain everlasting life, you must embrace the death and blood of the cross.
To be great, you must serve.
To be first, you must be last.
Talk about counter culture! If you want to fill your life with meaningful content, try applying these kingdom opposites to your everyday encounters with friends, neighbors and family. You will find yourself boating upstream, but not without a paddle.
Dare to live an ironic life by embracing these counter-cultural ideas. It is the glory of G-d to conceal something; and the glory of man to uncover it, G-d gets charged when we make a discovery, something He put there to surprise and bless us. In G-d's irony, we must react in the opposite spirit to achievc the results we want. Hey, I dont always do it.
But I want to.
Well, I am heading to shovel snow now and wishing I didn’t have to go. You know, somedays it is easier to get there than others. But today I am wishing I could just blink my eyes and it would all melt away, without sweat and discipline.
Now there’s an ironic thought.

No comments: