Maybe

Maybe I got a few years on you and my body needs a little work and my style is not what it uses to be.
I may look a little rough and my mind is not as sharp as it use to be but I could still teach you a thing or two.
I maybe worn but I am not used up.
I’ve been wrecked a few times and I guess it shows but I am not broken down, I’m just broken in.
A time or two I have been restored placing my feet back on solid rock. Somewhere there is a stolen halo that I use to wear but an angel I am not.
Maybe there is one thing that I do understand, the Father loves me unconditionally and holds my hand.
Life in general has its ups and downs, but with His help we can walk through the storms.
Maybe I have made a lot of wrong choices but I never have given completely up.
Maybe there is hope for me yet as I advance gracefully in age.
Maybe wisdom will catch up as I bound in mercy.
Maybe hope and dreams will be restored as I fall deeper and deeper in love with my L-rd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm printing and saving this one!
You said what I feel so often!
I think you are gifted as a writer.