Broken Down Psalm 119

Psalm 119
I am off on a rabbit trail, so haven’t studied this Psalm out fully (yet); but taking it at face value, I have broken it down into three parts and let it speak for itself. Can you relate?
Emotions:
82. When will You comfort me?
83. I have become like a bottle in the smoke.
84. How many are the days of Your servant?
85. The proud have digged pits for me.
86. They persecute me wrongfully.
87. They have almost consumed me.
95. The wicked have waited for me to destroy me.
96. I have seen an end of all perfection.
120. My flesh trembles for fear.
121. Leave me not to my oppressors.
134. Deliver me from the oppression of man.
141. I am small and despised.
143. Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me.
157. Many are my persecutors and my enemies.
Requesting of G-d:
17. Deal bountifully with me.
18. Open my eyes to the wondrous of Your Law.
19. Hide not Your Commandments.
20. Longing for Your judgments.
22. Remove reproach and contempt from me.
25. Quicken me to Your Word.
26. Teach me Your statues.
28. Strengthen me unto Your Word.
29. Removed lying from me. Grant me Your Law graciously.
31. Put me not to shame.
32. Enlarge my heart.
34. Give me understanding of Your Law.
36. Free me from covetousness.
37. Turn me from vanity.
38. Stablish Your Word in me.
39. Turn away my reproach.
40. Quicken me in righteousness.
41. Mercies come to me.
43. Take not Your Word of truth from my mouth!
49. Cause me to hope.
66. Teach me good judgment and knowledge.
88. Quicken me for Your loving-kindness.
117. Hold me up and I will be safe.
135. Make Your face to shine upon Your servant.
153. Consider my afflictions and deliver me.
159. Plead my cause.
169. Let my cry come near before You.
170. Let my supplication come before You.
173. Let Your hand help me.
175. Let my soul live.
176. Seek Your servant who has gone astray.
Your Requirement:
1. Walk in the Law.
2. Keep your testimony. Seek G-d.
3. Walk in His ways.
4. Keep precepts
5. Keep statutes.
6. Respect the Commandments.
7. Learn His righteous judgments.
9. Head His Word.
11. Hide His Word in your heart.
15. Meditate on His precepts Respect His ways.
27. Talk of His wondrous works.
30. Chose the way of truth.
35. Delight in His Commandments.
45. Walk in liberty.
48. Love His Commandments.
55. Remember His name in the night.
63. Be a companion to like-mind.
70. Delight in the Law.
101. Refrain your feet from every evil way.
104. Hate false ways.
113. Hate vain thoughts (double-minded).
128. Hate false ways.
130. Have understanding for the simple.
164. Praise Him seven times a day.
165. Walk in peace and free of offence.
171. Let your lips utter praise.
172. Speak the Word.
Conclusion:
92. Unless Your Law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.
105. Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path!
126. It is time for You L-rd, to work: for they have made void Your Laws.
133. Order my steps in Your Word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me!

No comments: