Shattered Glass

“You know Father I have never been afraid of dying, a wish You have denied me for years. You said I needed to know love first, guess I will be around for a very long time. No easy way out for this warrior, but then I couldn’t learn the lessons in life if I don’t walk through them.”
“Watch where you are going and remember where you have been so that you may walk others through,” He replied.
Father, You know what’s wrong with the world today. They have replaced Your Laws with the laws of man. People have allowed that pantywaist man to kick them around, and that includes me. And if I must climb out of his pit, he had best leave town. There is fire in my eyes for having been so gullible to fall in the pit. Well, I figured out if life is worth living and meant to be enjoyed, and then it should be in the fullness so let the games begin.
L-rd, I feel so all alone, my knuckles are bloody, my knees are scraped up, and my stomach is churning, but I am tying myself to the two-edged sword to keep from sliding backwards.
I am taking a break to catch my breath and straighten out this bent, sore back from climbing. You said not to look back, but I am glancing down to see how far I have come. Father, it is so dark and gloomy that I can’t even tell if I am making any progress. I feel like I am ten feet tall stuck in a six-foot hole without much to hang on to, meaning the hole is closing in on me.
The band of angels You have sent to camp around me - Mercy, Compassion, Wisdom, Shalom, Truth, Justice and Fire - have become my own little army, or have I joined theirs?
Seems like I’ve become the general and they are doing my bidding as they ascend and descend back to You. Truth has been my constant companion blocking the words of the adversary. No rest for this army; I keep them very busy. Once I get totally free there will be much more to do.
This glass vessel is not only broken, but it appears to be shattered – are You sure You can repair me, L-rd?
The higher I climb the tougher it gets; I am now crawling towards the Light. It has been a long night; days seem to pass without morning coming.
I know that whom the Son has set free is free indeed.
Concentrate little warrior on the eternal Light, I tell myself. Self-answered: Don’t rest so long for you’re on slippery ground, call out to Mercy to extend His hand. Now I am talking to myself and answering!
L-rd cut me some slack!! I cried out. Just then Mercy took a firm hold of my hand.
Another evening has passed and I am pretty bruised up. Truth keeps reminding me why I am doing this. I cannot seem to think anymore, do all non-smokers go blank?
Compassion has a soft quiet voice and he keeps cooing to me. I have no idea what he is saying, but find comfort in the sound of his voice and Shalom’s presence has put me to rest.
Wisdom has left this little body, I see him at a distance. I think I must make it to him before he will rejoin our group again - maybe as an incentive to keep going on, like dangling a carrot in front of me.
Justice will prevail. He encourages me to keep moving onward and upward to take back what was rightfully mine! It is no longer ‘IF’ I get out of this pit, but ‘WHEN’ I get out.
Fire is burning stronger and stronger in my eyes. On the topside we will have a lot of stomping to do! No longer will I be afraid to call a spade a spade, and have the fear of man! This warrior will be marching forward and onward.
Whom the Son has set free is free indeed.
Discernment has joined our band, helping me to discern the thoughts that keep running through my head. A large mass of voices that are all mingled together are slowly being weeded out. Failure is not part of my vocabulary anymore, for I have come to far too turn back now.
I have become an open porthole to the Father, though mightily worn out and quite dirty. I make frequent appearances in the Throne Room to get repaired and restored. One touch of His scepter and a taste of His nectar and I am refreshed to carry on.
Whom the Son has set free is free indeed.
Woo - woo – I can see a ray of sunlight, morning is on its way! I am coming out! Joy comes in the morning making long nights worth it.
Watch out! This warrior is no baby! The price has been paid. She has been stamped approved. The mighty warrior has broken through!!
Whom the Son has set free is free indeed.
Holy wars to be fought and battles to be won for the Father’s work will never be completely done. Want to be on the winning side? Sign up today! Freedom is our banner as this angelic band goes over the land. For He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised. Justice shall prevail, for we are taking back our land!
This shattered glass vessel has been crushed and stomped on. But the Father is gathering up the glass slivers to create a beautiful mosaic vessel with many brilliant facets, and adding some precious stones. Now I am strong enough to go the rest of the distance and enjoy life to the fullness - all glory to the Father and the Son!
Have you fallen into a pit? Have you been broken and shattered? Are you willing to pay the price? He can turn you into a new vessel made with His own hands to be used mightily in His army.
Whom the Son has set free is free indeed!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm here for you in spirit and truth!!!

Anonymous said...

I really am proud of you for going cold turkey and giving up smoking! I wouldn't be stupid enough to say that I know what you are going through, because I don't. I know what I have to go through with compulsive behaviors; eating, spending and probably would have been drinking if I hadn't given it up 36 years ago (because of family history). Any compulsive behavior is a constant battle that doesn't just go away, but is a lifetime battle.