Summer Night-Mist Selah

As I sit quietly in the cool of the day during the summer night’s mist I notice the divine illuming that is all around. What a great time to converse with the Father at the close of the day, seeking what tomorrow brings in His service, and meditating on His Word. Selah.
Selah - it is a call to pause and be silent that the soul may listen to the divine illuming. How much we need this silence of soul before the L-rd in these days that we may give Him time to speak to us, that we may listen to the divine illuming. The ray of lights can be vocal, but it needs a finely tuned ear indeed to hear them. Sitting in quite confidence hearing His sweet soft voice.
If we thought more of the L-rd’s work of saving souls than of our own comfort, there would be no lack of means to carry forward His message.
Consider your ways; if we so adjust our ways as to make them fall into line with G-d’s will for us, we have the certainty of His promise of being with us. And if His Spirit remaineth among us, we need fear neither opposition from without, nor discouragement from within. Believe and receive or drought and go without.
Now where can I back up this thought with Scripture?
Caleb’s testimony is like a wave mounting to its crest or a thundercloud swelling with rain. Then the climax: Now therefore, give me this mountain…

“Do you have a mountain in mind?
Do you have a promise from Me, the fulfillment of which you patiently await?
Do you expect to say to Me someday, Now therefore, give me this mountain?
You have a calling from Me, rest assured that you have a mountain as well (and giants to go with it).
When I give you your callings, I may not show you the mountain at first, lest you run from the path of duty. Just follow My lead; I’ll know when you’re ready to see the whole picture.
Glorify Me in your calling, let your deeds proclaim Me, and I will bless your works. Good workers make the best evangelists; the apostles caught fish before they caught men. I spend a lot of time training and organizing My people for work in structures that have yet to be built. I always have My eye on My people, as precious as they are in My sight, so is their training. People tend to think, if only they had this building or that money, they could do so much for Me. But people are the great commodity – people called, trained, and ordained by Me – people who accept their callings and the discipline that goes with them.
Salvation belongeth unto the Me: My blessing is upon My people. Selah.”

No comments: