Search Me & Know Me

[Ps. 139:1] O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. All the motions and actions both of our inward and of our outward man are naked and open before him.
[2] Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. He confesses that neither our actions, thoughts or any part of our life can be hid from G-d. G-d knows me and all my motions, my downsitting to rest, my uprising to work, with what temper of mind I compose myself when I sit down and stir up myself when I rise up
[3]Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. G-d knows me when I come home, how I walk before my house, and on what errands I go. G-d takes notice of every step we take, every right step and every by-step. He is acquainted with all our ways, he knows what rule we walk by, what end we walk towards, what company we walk with.
[4] For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. The L-rd knows all my imaginations; He knows my meaning before I speak. Not a vain word, nor a good word, but knows what it meant, from what thought it came, and with what design it was uttered, for thoughts are words to G-d. "Thou understandest them from afar; from the height of heaven thou seest into the depths of the heart,’’ Ps. 33:14. When I am withdrawn from all company, and am reflecting upon what has passed all day and composing myself to rest, G-d knows what I have in my heart and with what thought I go to bed
[5] Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. G-d so guides me with His hand, that I can turn no way, but where He appoint me. Wherever we are we are under the eye and hand of G-d.
[6] Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. G-d hast such knowledge of me as I have not of myself, nor can have. I cannot take notice of all my own thoughts, nor make such a judgment of myself as He has made of me.
[7] Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? From G-d’s power and knowledge, for G-d is everywhere.
[8] If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
[9] If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
[10] Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. G-d’s power holds me so fast that there is no way I can escape from Him. [
11] If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Though darkness is a hindrance to man’s sight, yet is serves G-d’s eyes as well as the light.
[12] Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. No deceitful mask or disguise can save any person or action from appearing in a true light before G-d. Secret sins are as open before G-d. [13] For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb. My reins; G-d is Master of my most secret thoughts and intentions, and the innermost recesses of my soul; thou not only knowest, but governs, them. My mother’s womb - in the forming, and un-sharpen embryo, was not hidden from G-d; His eyes did see my substance. G-d has made me in all parts and therefore must know me.
[14] I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. Considering G-d’s wonderful work in forming me, I cannot but praise Him and fear His mighty power.
[15] My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. That is, in my mother’s womb so privately and so far out of sight.
[16] Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. All the days ordained for me were written IN YOUR BOOK before one of them came to be’. Here is a verse which prophetically symbolizes Israel, declaring that ‘all the days’ were written in the book! The Jerusalem Bible is equally astounding; ‘You have scrutinized my every action, all were recorded in your book, my days listed and determined, even before the first of them occurred.’ My members – is not part of the original Hebrew Scriptures. They were added by the translators. It was to be days. Reading: “in thy book all my days were written, which in continuance Chorological order) were fashioned when as yet there was none of them.] Seeing that G-d knew me before I was composed of either flesh or bone, much more now must G-d know me when G-d have fashioned me.
[17] How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! G-d, who knew me, thought of me, and His thoughts towards me were thoughts of love, thought of good, and not of evil, Jer. 29:11. We cannot conceive how many G-d’s kind counsels have been concerning us, how many good turns He has done us, and what variety of mercies we have received from Him.
[18] If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. I continually see new opportunity to meditate in G-d’s wisdom, and to praise Him. It would help to keep us in the fear of the L-rd all the day long if, when we awake in the morning, and our first thoughts were of Him and we did then set Him before us.]
[19] Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men. [Depart from me, you bloody men; you shall not debauch me, for I will not admit your friendship nor have fellowship with you; and you cannot destroy me, for, I am under G-d’s protection, He shall force you to depart from me.’’
[20] For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain. They set their mouth against the heavens (Ps. 73:9), and shall be called to account for the hard speeches they have spoken against Him, Jude 15. They are His enemies, and declare their enmity by taking His name in vain.
[21] Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? He teaches us boldly to contemn all the hatred of the wicked and friendship of the world, when they would prevent us from serving Him sincerely.
[22] I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies. Sin is hated, and sinners are lamented, by all that fear G-d. "I hate them’’ (that is, "I hate the work of them that turn aside,’’ Ps. 101:3) "with a sincere and perfect hatred; I count those that are enemies to G-d as enemies to me, and will not have any intimacy with them,’’ Ps. 69:8.
[23] Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: I desire that as far as I maybe in the wrong, G-d would show it to me. [24] And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Or any terrible or rebellious way: meaning that though I am subject to sin, yet I may not give to wickedness, and to provoke G-d by rebellion. The way of godliness is an everlasting way; it is everlastingly true and good, pleasing to G-d and profitable to us, and will end in everlasting life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are So very much filled with the knowledge that the Good Lord has given you....I have been so BLESSED to have you share some of it with me..