Anonymous nasty letters

[Isa. 37:14] And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up unto the house of the LORD, and spread it before the LORD.
Hezekiah went up to the house of the L-rd, and spread it before the L-rd:
Hezekiah did exactly what any child of G-d should do with such a letter.
He took it to the house of the L-rd (to the outer courts, not the holy place), and he spread it out before the L-rd.
In this, Hezekiah boldly and effectively fulfilled the later command of 1 Peter 5:7: casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
To be in the ministry means you will receive nasty letters.
What should one do with them?
Often, the best thing to do is to simply throw them away, especially if they are anonymous.
But if they are to be read and kept, they should be spread . . . before the L-rd.
"L-rd, show me what there is in this letter that I need to hear.
Show me what I need to disregard.
Help me to see beyond this person's sinful manner or tone and see if You have something in this for me."
One old preacher received a letter with no sender or return address on the envelope. When he opened it, he saw a single piece of paper with only one word: "Fool!"
He took it to the pulpit the next Sunday, and said: "I received an unusual letter this week.
Never before have I received a letter where the writer signed his name, but forgot to write anything else!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

Good word sister!!!

I love the story at the end too!!!

Anonymous said...

That is pretty good...I was hoping you would have done that with my letter to you so we wouldn't have had such distance between us. Pick out what was needed just for you and disreguard the rest.