Voice Of G-d

Who will G-d talk to?
Gen. 3:8 And they heard the voice of the L-RD G-d walking in the garden in the cool of the day:
G-d talked to male and female alike.

Deut. 4:33, 35 Did ever people hear the voice of G-d speaking out of the midst of the fire, as thou hast heard, and live?
V. 35 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the L-RD he is
G-d; there is none else beside him.

G-d choose to speak to everyone:
5:24-26 And ye said, Behold, the L-RD our G-d hath shewed us his glory and his greatness, and we have heard his voice out of the midst of the fire: we have seen this day that G-d doth talk with man, and he liveth.
V. 25 Now therefore why should we die? for this great fire will consume us: if we hear the voice of the L-RD our G-d any more, then we shall die.
V. 26 For who is there of all flesh, that hath heard the voice of the living
G-d speaking out of the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived?

Due to fear, people choose not to hear from G-d directly themselves:
Deut. 18:16 According to all that thou desiredst of the L-RD thy G-d in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the L-RD my G-d, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.

People wanted a mediator to speak for G-d:
Deut. 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
A prophet is to only speak what G-d tells him, not add his own:
V. 19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
V. 20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
True or false prophets?
V. 21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the
L-RD hath not spoken?
V. 22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the L-RD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the L-RD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Does G-d hear when we talk to Him?
26:7 And when we cried unto the L-RD G-d of our fathers, the L-RD heard our voice, and looked on our affliction, and our labour, and our oppression:
Ps. 18:6 In my distress I called upon the L-RD, and cried unto my G-d: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
66:19 But verily G-d hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.

Where can you hear G-d talk?
29:3 The voice of the L-RD is upon the waters: the G-d of glory thundereth: the L-RD is upon many waters.
V. 4 The voice of the L-RD is powerful; the voice of the L-RD is full of majesty.
V. 5 The voice of the L-RD breaketh the cedars;
V. 7 The voice of the L-RD divideth the flames of fire.
V. 8 The voice of the L-RD shaketh the wilderness;
V. 9 The voice of the L-RD maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of his glory.

When hearing G-d speaks to us it should do what for us?
V. 11 The L-RD will give strength unto his people; the L-RD will bless his people with peace.

Who is build us up?
42:5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in G-d: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
V. 11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in G-d: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my G-d.

Bottom line:
Ps. 95:7 For he is our G-d; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice


The Bible was given to us in nine ways
:

1. Ex. 19: 9 In a auditable voice.
2. Acts 7: 38 and Heb. 2:2; through angels.
3. Heb. 1:1; and Rev. 1:1 through Y’Shua.
4. Acts 3:21 through Prophets.
5. Acts 1:2; and Eph. 4 through Apostles.
6. Isa. 6; and Dan. 7 through visions.
7. Dan. 2; and Matt. 1:20 through dreams.
8. Gal. 2:2 through revelation.
9. 2 Tim. 3:16 through inspiration.

No comments: