Muscle Cramps

I walked all around the house for 10 minutes last night with a cramp in my ankle that wouldn't quit. Then I remembered my husband telling me to try mustard. I went to the refrigerator and got a tsp. of yellow mustard to eat. Within seconds the pain was gone and, best of all, it didn't come back for hours. We assumed that is because it has turmeric in it as well as mustard seed and vinegar. Perhaps, however, the vinegar and mustard alone do the job. "I can't believe how instantly the teaspoon of mustard works is like a miracle drug!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I like mustard-don't use ketchup. I can't imagine taking in a full teaspoonful of mustard straight. Your theory may be right on. I've heard calcium, magnesium, an aspirin & drinking a glass of water before going to bed--can be dehydrated. It worked, so you are on the money. And it is a natural not a drug. Good Girl.

Anonymous said...

I suggest you eat foods high in potassium. Bananas are usually the first thing suggested but there are other things like broccoli.

Anonymous said...

I have use mustard for cramps for long time now.

Anonymous said...

I so need to remeber this I too suffer with leg cramps from time to time..thanks...blessings

Anonymous said...

Wow! Never heard of using mustard before! Good to know! I have used Arnica Gel to rub on cramping muscles and I get the same results. I bought it at the nutrition store. It is a homeopathy treatment. But mustard is a lot cheaper and easier as you don’t have to remove your jammies to apply it! I’m sure gonna use the mustard next time I have cramps in my legs! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to try that next time I get leg cramps....seems to be alot of that going around...we need spring to get springinging around and move the legs more.