Armor of G-d


Belt of Truth - Y'Shua, You are the way, the truth and the life. I turn away from dishonesty and distortion. I put on the belt of truth. I renounce the devil, who is the father of lies. Holy Ghost, help me to be honest with myself and with others. Let me be like the disciple Nathaniel of whom Y'Shua said, 'Behold a man in whom there is don guile.' Deliver me from defensiveness and the blindness that does not let me see myself as You see me and as others see me. I recognize that the only way I will change is to see where I need to change. I must be honest with myself even if it hurts, because it will hurt even more if I do not change. Father, forgive me for blaming others, for holding others responsible for my problems. I make me feel the way I do, I take responsibility for my feelings and behaviors.

Breast Plate of Righteousness - Father, I thank You that my relationship with You is based on the righteousness of Your Son, Y'Shua. I stand in Your grace. I could never be good enough in myself to come to You, or to stand against the devil. Thank You L-rd, for the righteousness of the Messiah deposited into my heavenly bank account. I make a withdrawal to take care of my needs today. I stand shielded by the breast plate of Your perfect and permanent righteousness. I am also determined to obey Your laws, to obey Your Word and to do what is right. In the name of Y'Shua, I resist the temptation to sin, to enter the wide gate, to walk down the path of least resistance, to do what is wrong. I resist the devil, the one who has been breaking Your laws from the beginning. You, G-d are my righteousness, and I will live in obedience to Your word. You are my Father, and You know best!

Feet with the readiness of peace – Father, thank You that I am at peace with You, and that I can come to You confidently because of what Y'Shua has done. I pray now for peace of my soul, for Your peace, not the false and temporary peace of the world. I pray for the peace that passes all understanding. I also pray for the strength and grace to be a peace maker. I will prepare myself now for the unexpected today, tonight and tomorrow. I forgive in advance – those who will sin against me. I want to respond in love, not react in anger. I will make every effort, as far as it is in my ability to do so, to live at peace with everyone. I resist the prince of darkness and his snare of strife. I recognize how destructive strife can be, and I stand against it. I place myself under the L-rdship of the Prince of Peace.

Shield of Faith – Father, shield me with Your power as I trust in You. The flaming arrows of the enemy have burned my soul. Heal the pain inside and give me the strength to resist. I am committed to enduring to the end of this trial, regardless of how long it lasts. I am not a victim, I am a victor, more than a conqueror through Y'Shua. My faith L-rd is in You. I renounce my own abilities and I confess that unless Y'Shua builds my life, everything I do is in vain. Only when I trust You completely an I completely protected from the fiery darts of the wicked one. I hide myself in the fire of Your presence.

Helmet of Salvation – Father, forgive me for my wandering thoughts and undisciplined thinking. I realize that I have not been guarding my heart, and I have allowed wrong thoughts to influence and even control me. I resist those thoughts in the Name of Y'Shua, and in the power of His mighty I cast down every stronghold of wrong thinking; imaginations, pride, self pity, anger, deceit. Give me a clear head grant me spiritual discernment to recognize the origin of my thoughts. I am committing myself to thinking right and thinking straight. Reliever me from every distortion and misunderstanding.
And L-rd, give me the strength to refrain from speaking out my thoughts unless I am certain that what I say will bring honor to You and life to others.

Prayer to mature - Father, 1 Peter 2:2 states it's Your desire that I mature in You. The way I do this is to desire the pure milk of the Word. Holy Spirit, on the basis John 16:13. I ask that You guide me into all truth. As I read G-d's Word, reveal to me truth. I determine today that I will not be a hearer only, but that I will be a doer of the Word. Father, You gave me a pastor to equip me for the work of ministry, so that along with the rest of the Believers in our church, we may be built up, attain oneness in the faith and in the comprehension of the full and accurate knowledge of the Son of G-d. On the basis of Acts 17:11 I will receive the Word with all readiness. I refuse to allow my understanding to be darkened and I determine to mix with faith the Word that I hear preached to me.

Father, open my eyes that I might see how great You are and how complete Your provision is for this day. I am thankful that the victory Y'Shua won for me on the Cross and in His resurrection has been given to me and that I am seated with Y'Shua in the heavenlies. I take my place with Him in the heavenlies and recognize by faith that all wicked spirits and satan himself are under my feet. I declare, therefore, that satan and his wicked spirits are subject to me in the name of Y'Shua.

I am thankful for the Armor You have provided. I put on the Girdle of Truth, the Breastplate of Righteousness, the Sandals of Peace and the Helmet of Salvation. I lift up the Shield of Faith against all the fiery darts of the enemy; and I take in my hand the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of G-d. I choose to use Your Word against all the forces of evil in my life. I put on this Armor and live and pray in complete dependence upon You, Holy Spirit.

No comments: