House groups get clicky

Recorded Conversation
Tuesday August between Jim (host) and Guest:
Guest: Hi Jim, I was just about to call you, I just finished studying.
Jim: I was just calling to tell you there will be no house group tonight.
Guest: Because Ann will not be there so they can get their paper work done?
Jim: That and I have some thinking and praying to do about things.
Guest: Considering me?
Jim: Yes, as a matter of fact.
Guest: If it is about me and Ann we are fine, I talked to her the other day.
Jim: Well, she just called me this morning and was quite upset, said you rimed her out.
Guest: Wow, she never told me that, we ended the conversaiton with her coming up to the lake finish what she needed to do. So do you want me to pick up my things?
Jim: Yes, you are like Greg Violi, being unkind, unloving and unmerciful, and I don’t want that in our group.
Guest: Greg! Wow, that is hitting below the belt. Was I ever unkind, unloving or unmerciful at any of the house groups?
Jim: No
Guest: Was I ever unkind, unloving or unmerciful when you all were up at my house?
Jim: No
Guest: Then I do not understand.
Jim: You were unkind to Ann on the phone, and our group is for the broken-hearted soul.
Guest: So you believe whatever Ann said, plus sharing 'my personal venting', and you decided to keep one broken-hearted soul and through one away.
Jim: We have been ministering with Ann for two years at Denise and Sue’s.
Guest: Ann and I have known each other for 13 years. But I am sorry you feel that way! I certainly did not mean to hurt anyone. I'm sorry I sent you a ‘personal venting’ e-mail, I thought of you as the leader of the group and concealed everyone of the group, I should not have vented to you. It is 90 % my fault for expecting to much, Ann has build you guys up to me, and I was starting to believe her that your group was a safe place.
Jim: I never planed on you teaching all the time, you stay in the Old Testament and we are under grace not the Law anymore.
Guest: Ok, if you put my things out in front of your garage I will pick it up by 2 pm.
Thank you for calling to let me know, before I droved 35 miles one way.

Wow, I am in shock! What just happen? A phone call made on my own time got me kick out of the group, hard lesson to learn.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ask for your forgiveness, I should have not compared you to Greg Violi AT ALL. Please forgive me and I have NO EXCUSE for doing so. You are a very gifted teacher and we were blessed for the short period of time you were in our midst. I have learned a valuable lesson through all of this and that is to look at ALL individuals as individuals and not to compare one against another. I have asked the Lord to forgive me for this and I am now asking your forgiveness and I am so sorry for any hurt feelings or harm that I have done to you with my tongue.
In Christ’s Love
Jim

Anonymous said...

Just to share a thought with you, remember the tormoil and hard times the deciples had to endure trying to deliver the message of the Lord. Tis not an easy task and not for the weak. Hang in there and keep doing his will for you. If others not willing to accept the word, their problem and loss, not yours.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you since Sunday, it was quite a session!! But forgiveness came. Now, to go on from there! Hope you feel loved, because we sure do love you! Just so you know---we've been "kicked" out of groups too!!! Turns out, we see years later, it was God's idea all along. So, enjoy the plans He has for you!!!
Take care, bless you.

Anonymous said...

I sure admire your ability to study His word like you do. You've been in my heart and on my mind and just wanted to tell you how much I love you and cherish you as my friend. I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Here is saying to let you know you are on my heart: "A friend hears the song in my heart and sing it to me when I forget the words".
"You tried" and that's all that matters. If we were to succeed in all that we do...that would make us even with God, and that's not what it supposed to be like.
We wouldn't depend on Him then! So pick yourself fop and keep moving...that's all He wants to see.
He doesn't expect us to be perfect! You did good in trying!

Anonymous said...

We need to keep working on preserving the unity and prescense of the Lord there and hope the enemy doesn't find a way to wreck it.

Anonymous said...

I was glad to see you on Sunday & get it out into the open. I wanted to Worship with you. I hope we can put it behind us. It was a great misunderstanding and I'm deeply sorry I wasn't more sensitive and need your forgiveness. I would never want to hurt you. We've been dear friends for a long time & we have to go forward & leave the past behind us. We must always walk in love. Sorry I haven't, but as I draw closer to Yeshua, His image will be formed in me.
I never said anything to get you out. Jim was upset by your e-mail on ‘personal venting’ [attitude] about Sunday.
Ann

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she said all the right words, but is passing the blame, wrong spirit.

Anonymous said...

We were so blessed by the way you were teaching, we want you to know what we know....God wa blessed by your obediance to go and teach, you did bless the group and worked with from where they were at.
People can be most difficult to work with, or very misunderstanding, at times. None was your "fault" and God will be using you again and again.
Just wait on Him, for He loves you and so do we.
He will send you on another asssignment, may thier ears be open.

Anonymous said...

I am asking you to please remove "house groups get clicky". That was a long time ago. I find it very disturbing, uncomfortable, & unsettling to see that it's still posted. I t hurts me to see this. Ann

Seasoned Warrior said...

Not as bad as it hurt me to have to go through it. Kiss by a 'friend',