Fear, Worry, & Anxiety

[Isa. 40:10] Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Fear not, for I am with you - This is both a command and a promise. Israel is commanded to fear not. Fear, worry, and anxiety are often sin. When the G-d who rules over the nations, the G-d who chose us and loves us, when that G-d tells us to fear not, we must take it seriously! But there is also a promise. We fear not, because G-d has told us, I am with you. What more do we need? If G-d is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31.
How much more prone to fear and discouragement we are when we are alone. But we are never alone, because G-d has declared; fear not, for I am with you.
Be not dismayed, for I am your G-d - "Remember Me? The G-d of all power and glory? I'm that one. I am your G-d." When people forget the greatness of G-d, they easily become dismayed. But G-d says, be not dismayed, for I am your G-d.
G-d's strength and glory make Him able to help us. But it is His love that makes Him say, "I will help you.”
I will uphold thee - Idols must be fastened with pegs, so they might not totter. You have to hold them up. But G-d holds us up; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. You should never have a G-d that you have to hold up!
G-d will deal with our enemies, if we keep our trust in Him. He knows how to make our adversaries - whether they be men or devils - ashamed and disgraced.
Fear not, I will help you. In verse 10, G-d promised to uphold you with My righteous right hand. That was G-d's hand holding us up. Now, we see G-d's hand holding our right hand, and giving us strength over fear, doubt, and our adversaries.
Have you ever felt like you had been in the dessert and your tongue failed for thirst? G-d promises He will open rivers in desolate heights and He will response to the cry of the poor and needy, those whose tongues fail for thirst; G-d sends miraculous supplies of water to them. G-d has resources and supplies we know nothing about, and He loves to supply us from His hidden resources.
Water and shade are the two great needs of the desert traveler. Remember when Israel was a dessert then the hand of G-d moved and the Holy One of Israel has created a garden with miraculous supplies of water and forests in the wilderness which are impossible without G-d. He gets the glory when the work is done in Israel as well as in you!
You shall rejoice in the L-rd, and glory in the Holy One of Israel: When we overcome great obstacles with the help of the Father, we know it is His work. We rejoice in Him, not in ourselves. We glory in the Holy One of Israel, not in ourselves.
G-d tells us 144 times in the Scriptures to FEAR NOT! When are we going to trust and obey that all fear goes away?
Fear, worry, and anxiety are often sins, or lacking trust in Him.

No comments: