Potential Obstacles

Isa. 43: Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name
G-d tells us once again to fear not it is a command, accompanied by promises. By outward circumstances people had reason to be afraid. G-d points us past the present circumstances to both this command and promise.
His ownership is personal, because He says I have called you by your name. His ownership is certain; because He seals it by saying you are mine. Knowing we belong to G-d is a wonderful answer to fear. We can know that He holds us, protects us, guards us, and cares for us. We can know that He would not have created, redeemed, and called us unless He intended to finish His work in us. How can we be afraid when we know this G-d is for us, is looking out for our interests?
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you - Through any potential obstacle, G-d will be with us. Deep waters? I will be with you. Must you walk through the fire? Then you shall not be burned. When G-d is with us, He is for us, and who can be against us?
Trials are inevitable; it doesn't say if you pass through the waters, it says when you pass through the waters. The text doesn't say, "When you walk on a luxurious padded carpet, I will be with you." It says G-d will be with us in the toughest of circumstances. Trials are varied; sometimes we face waters, sometimes rivers, and sometimes fire. Floods overwhelm, fires consume.
"Walking is the pace at which you go when you are not in a hurry, when you are not concerned or alarmed. When you are not burdened or anxious, then you walk. 'He that believeth shall not make haste' (Isaiah 29:16)."
He loves us! We are precious in His sight! This is an Old Testament example of the truth in John 3:16.
Whom I have created for My glory means that G-d not only has created us, but that He has created us for a purpose. If we have no Creator, then we are purposeless; but G-d has created us and He did it for a purpose, creating us for His glory. This means that when we are glorifying G-d, we are fulfilling the purpose we were created for, and will therefore be the most happy and fulfilled.
"You are My witnesses," says the Father, "And My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no G-d formed, nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the L-RD, and besides Me there is no savior. I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, and there was no foreign idol among you; therefore you are My witnesses," says G-d, "that I am G-d. Indeed before the day was, I am He; and there is no one who can deliver out of My hand; I work, and who will reverse it?"
You are My witnesses, G-d's people had witnessed the greatness of G-d. Remember the great things G-d had done for you and you would see each wonderful work of His as a witness to the truth that He is the only true G-d! We should all be witnesses to the saving, rescuing, and healing work of the Father! Look at the positive not the negative.
Indeed, before the day was, I am He – G-d's credentials go beyond His saving work on behalf of His people. He comes before time itself. Before there was ever a day, G-d was. So His strength is infinitely greater than anyone else's; He can rightly say there is no one who can deliver out of My hand. When G-d does something, no one will reverse it.
Prov. 3:25-26 Do not be afraid of sudden terror or of the ruin of the wicked, when it comes, for the L-RD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught. Prov. 1: 33 but whoever listens to Me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster. Isa. 41: 10.13 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your G-d;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I, the L-RD your G-d, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you." Ps. 46:1-2 G-d is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, 2 Tim. 1:7 for G-d gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Deut. 31:8 It is the L-RD who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed,"
Heb. 13:6 So we can confidently say, “The L-rd is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
Through the trials of life we face and go through many potential obstacles, but we are not to fear for He is with us every step of the way of our training and equipping us to be all we can be for His glory.

No comments: