Bitter or Better

Isa. 50:4-8 The L-rd G-D hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakened morning by morning, he wakened mine ear to hear as the learned.
5. The L-rd G-D hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.
6. I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
7. For the L-rd G-D will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
8. He is near that justified me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.

Bitterness is symbolical of affliction, misery, discontented and servitude.
1 Sam. 1:10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the L-RD, and wept sore.
2 Sam. 2:26 Shall the sword devour for ever? knowest thou not that it will be bitterness in the latter end?
Job 7:11 Therefore I will not refrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.
Prov. 14:10 The heart knoweth his own bitterness; and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy.
Isa. 38:15 What shall I say? he hath both spoken unto me, and himself hath done it: I shall go softly all my years in the bitterness of my soul.

We can get bitter or better when afflicted that draws misery and discontentment. Many afflictions may come in these last days, the adversary knows his time is running short and he will do all he can to throw you off course, bringing doubt and confusion.
Allow the Almighty, through His grace, help you get better in your walk instead of bitter.
Isa. 38:17 Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but Thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for Thou hast cast all my sins behind Thy back.
Heb. 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of G-d; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled.

Keep your eyes open and stand your ground, no roots can grow without you watering it.

No comments: