Golden Years

L-rd, Thou knowest that I am growing oldKeep me from becoming too irruptive and possessed with the idea that I must express myself on every subject.Release me from the craving to straighten out everyone’s affairs.Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details – give me wings to get to the point!Seal my lips when I am inclined to tell of my aches and pains; they are increasing with the years and my love to speak of them grows sweeter as time goes by.Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be wrong.Keep me thoughtful, but not nosey, helpful, but not bossy!With my vast store of wisdom and experience, it does seem a pity not to use it all!But Thou knowest L-rd that I want a few friends left at the end. Amen!!
By: Ann Chellman in Colorado.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, and for being such an inspiration to me. I appreciate and benefit greatly from the e-mail lessons/devotions that you send to me. They bring me much insight, knowledge and comfort.