Shining in His Glory

In the seventies I went to a church and noticed the people’s face shone and I wondered if they all used the same kind of soap and if so what brand it was. As time moved on and I learn to dwell in His presents, only He and I seem to be there; upon arriving home my husband ask me what kind of soap was I using for my face shone – I ran to the mirror but could not see what he saw.
Years have pass and a friend started talking about ‘the shining ones’, I had forgotten for I had not seen shining faces for a long time. Why don’t your believers shine L-rd? And how do we get there or return there?
This brought me to re-examing the Scriptures for the hunger to shine once again grew in me.
What is the shine you ask – it is His glory all over you as you loose yourself in Him.
In no conical order here is what I found, I used mostly the OT to show that it was from the beginning:
Proverbs 4:18 - But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
Luke 11:36 - If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give you light.
Exodus 33:18 - beseech Thee, shew me Thy glory. (We must seek it).
Exodus 40:34 - Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the L-RD filled the Tabernacle. (His glory should be filling our dwelling).
Leviticus 9:6 - And Moses said, This is the thing which the L-RD commanded that you should do: and the glory of the L-RD shall appear unto you.
Leviticus 9:23 - .. the glory of the L-RD appeared unto all the people. (Not just a few but ALL)
Numbers 16:19 - … the glory of the L-RD appeared unto all the congregation. (All that seek Him).
Deuteronomy 5:24 - …Behold, the L-RD our G-d hath shewed us His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice out of the midst of the fire: we have seen this day that G-d doth talk with man, and He liveth. (All things are possible through him that loves Him).
1 Chronicles 16:9-11 - Sing unto Him, sing psalms unto Him, talk ye of all His wondrous works. Glory ye in His holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the L-RD. Seek the
L-RD and His strength, seek His face continually. (Those that seek shall find!)
Psalm 3:3 - But Thou, O L-RD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
Psalm 24:7 - Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Psalm 57:5 - Be thou exalted, O G-d, above the heavens; let Thy glory be above all the earth.
Proverbs 4:9 - She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee. (look for it and expect it to be given to you)
Proverbs 16:31 - The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness. (Hoary means gray - It has no age boundary, only calls to be found in righteousness).
Isaiah 58:8 - Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the L-RD shall be thy reward.
Isaiah 60:1 - Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the L-RD is risen upon you.
Isaiah 60:2 - For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the L-RD shall arise upon you, and His glory shall be seen upon you. (Don’t worry about circumstances)
Isaiah 62:3 – You shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the L-RD, and a royal diadem in the hand of your G-d.
May we see more shining faces once again, may we see His presence dwelling in our mist! May His glories shining be seen on Me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking yesterday about how you looked at Burger King when you smiled and visited... I thought that you looked young, now I realize that your face was shining just like you wrote about in the 1970's. There was a degree of shining on your face!

Anonymous said...

So, the shining has returned!

Anonymous said...

You always shone the Shikina Glory when we ever got together. You are a shiner as far as I am concerned. I have seen a radiant glow surrounding you for years. Maybe others need to look closer.