Young Spirit

The crown of my head is slowly turning silver (wisdom is finally coming through); and my speed is slowing down.
But my spirit is soaring higher and higher reaching holier ground.
My strength is getting weaker with each approaching day, I must exercise my mind and body to keep it functioning as I can go about my way.
Where I am weak He is strong so I keep pressing in to draw from the Holy of Holies.
My eyes seem to grow dimmer but I seem to see deeper than before, for I leave reality at heavens open door.
My feet are getting old and tired to carry this body around. But they have kept me on the straight and narrow and not allowed me to be blown around.
My hands seem to be all wrinkled and veins are poking out, but they can still hold a love one and comfort the broken hearted soul, and lift up in praise of our L-rd.
Some days breathing seems to be a chore, but everyday that we take another breath we must remember to thank the L-rd. For then we know our mission on this side is not finished yet and we can still be a servant to the L-rd.
Getting old just means you have ran the race, developing wisdom as you have traveled life’s weary road.
Run, crawl or be carried towards the mark and receive your heavenly reward.
My spirit has not seem to caught up with my body, for it appears to be as a young spirit with exciting energy to seek out the next assignment from the Father.
What a day that will be when we see can look face to face with our Creator and He says “come up here”.
Live will then just begin and death will be no more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this one, can't wait until He tells me to 'Come up here'.

Anonymous said...

Very Nice!