Explain this statement

“If you have all Word you dry up, if you have all Spirit you blow up.”
I did an extensive search in the Scriptures and can not even find a hint to such a statement of (drying up or blowing up) in using the Father's Word or Spirit.
Can you imagine telling G-d “I got all of Your Word and dried up?
Or I got all of Your Spirit and blew up?
The concept was you do need 'both' the Word and the Spirit, which is Scriptural.
I think it would scare babies off with fear of drying up or blowing up.
My way would be to just explain how the Spirit of G-d was given to us to help us draw closer to G-d's Word.
There has to be a balance to maintain a spiritual walk or we would become lopsided.
My question is would you even use this statement in trying to get the message across?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with what you are saying . . . I never heard it said that way.
I have heard people say "If you have only Word . . . only Spirit" and they meant that some people say you need the Word only and some people say you need the Spirit only; their point was we need both the Word and the Spirit functioning together.

Anonymous said...

I have never heard this but it is not scriptural, you can never get all of God or His Holy Spirit, I want all I can get and give out all I can give.
God Bless,
Pastor

Anonymous said...

Where did such an absurd statement come from?

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like some one made that statement up. More than likely cuz they wanted to feel important,,, and as a result people buy into that statement cuz just like electricity we as humans always take the path of least resistance. Meaning,,, its just an excuse that sounds reasonable which allows us to be lazy. (just my opinion.)

Anonymous said...

I have never heard this statement before, but it doesn't sound as if it was from God. It more like something from Satan to keep people from reading the Word or seeking the Spirit. Otherwise, why would God tell us to "study to show thy self...".

Anonymous said...

What is this? Of course I would never use this statement to explain how the Word and the Spirit goes together.

Anonymous said...

NO!

Anonymous said...

clearly people who say this don't realize what their saying the Spirit reveals life in the Word,Jesus is the Word made flesh can you ever have to much of Him, Jesus was filled with the Spirit, He wasnt blown up ,but raised up, is anyone raisedfrom the dead without the Holy Spirits power? maybe we should all consider THE TRUTH before we say such a statement.

Anonymous said...

I would not use it for a new believer.
The Word is a sharp two-edged sword that rightly divides the soul and spirit.