G-d's Divorcement & Remarriage

[Isa. 50:1] Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.
[2] Wherfore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst.
[
3] I clothe the heavens with blackness, and I make sackcloth their covering.

[4] The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.

[5] The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.

[6] I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

[7] For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

[8] He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.

[9] Behold, the Lord GOD will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up.

[10] Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God.

[11] Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

[51:3] For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.
[16] And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.

[18] There is none to guide her among all the sons whom she hath brought forth; neither is there any that taketh her by the hand of all the sons that she hath brought up.

[22] Thus saith thy Lord the LORD, and thy God that pleadeth the cause of his people, Behold, I have taken out of thine hand the cup of trembling, even the dregs of the cup of my fury; thou shalt no more drink it again:
[52:6] Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.
[Joel 2; 15-16] Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly: Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.
[Isa. 54:5] For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
In this chapter G-d vindicates His dealings with His people, whose alienation was owing to themselves, by allusion to the temporal deliverances connected with the drying up of the Red Sea and the Euphrates, asserts His power to save. And namely, by the obedience and sufferings of the Messiah, who was at length to prove victorious, exhorting to faith and trust in His Father in the most disconsolate circumstances; with a denunciation of vengeance on those who should trust to their own devices.
“Where is the bill, let them produce it if they can, for a bill of divorce was given into the hand of her that was divorced. Who divorce who? I gave you no such bill.” They were sent into Babylon for their idolatry, a sin which broke the marriage covenant. In the east they pay their debts by giving up their slaves, for these are their chief property of a disposable kind; and in many places they give their children to their creditors. “But this,” saith G-d, “cannot be My case, I am not governed by any such motives, neither am I urged by any such necessity. Your captivity therefore and your afflictions are to be imputed to yourselves, and to your own folly and wickedness. For when I come as the Messiah, notwithstanding your sins, I can still redeem you from your bondage and dispersion. I declare that the office has been assigned to Me of encouraging the weary exiles of Israel by words in season suited to your case; and that, whatever suffering it is to cost Me, I will not shrink from it for that I knows My cause will triumph at last. I learn not in mere human learning, but in divinely taught modes of instruction and eloquence. I will succor by words, namely, in your season of need, the weary dispersed ones of Israel and also, of the spiritual weary. I will be wakening My pupils early for instruction morning by morning, preparing you for receiving My divine instructions. I have learned obedience, experimentally, by the things which I suffered; thus gaining that practical learning which adapted Me for speaking a word in season to suffering mankind. None must undertake to be teachers who have not first been learners. Nor is it enough to hear, but you must hear as the learned, hear and understand, hear and remember, hear as those that would learn by what you hear. Those that would hear as the learned must be awake, and wakeful; for you are naturally drowsy and sleepy, and unapt to hear at all, or you hear by the halves, hear and do not heed. Your ears need to be wakened; you need to have something said to rouse you, to awaken you out of your spiritual slumbers that you may hear as for your lives. You need to be awakened morning by morning, as duly as the day returns, to be awakened to do the work of the day in its day. Your case calls for continual fresh supplies of divine grace, to free you from the dullness you contract daily. The morning, when your spirits are most lively, is a proper time for communion with Me; then you are in the best frame both to speak to Me and to hear from Me. If you do any thing to purpose in My service, it is Me who, as your Master, calls you up; and you should doze perpetually if I did not waken you morning by morning. I was not rebellious, neither turned away back but most willing to do the Father's will in proclaiming and procuring salvation for man, at the cost of My own sufferings. I set Myself resolutely, not to be daunted from My work of love by shame or suffering.”
G-d’s greatest desire was for a more intimate relationship—one which could only be pictured between a husband and wife. To demonstrate this, Yahweh chose to use the marriage relationship as a “type or shadow” to the degree of intimacy He wanted with His people. The bride of the Messiah in Scriptures is pictured as a female, though the distinction of His bride being made up of males and females is irrelevant. There is no gender in our heavenly position in Messiah. Scriptures tell us we are all sons of G-d through faith. Galatians 3:28 says, “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Y’Shua HaMashiach.” Many Believers today believe the ‘body’ and ‘Bride of the Messiah’ are synonymous terms. However, that is simply not true. The Greek word means ‘congregation of believers’ as referred to as His body in Ephesians 1:22-23. The definition of ‘church’ is ‘called out ones’ and refers to the remnant that came out from the body and is set apart for Him alone. Not everyone who has received the gift of salvation will respond to this ‘closer walk.’ Believers who continue to live a worldly, or carnal, lifestyle will not be ready to meet the Bridegroom. A godly man's way may be dark, but his end shall be peace and light. A wicked man's way may be bright, but his end shall be utter darkness. In contrast to the godly, and the wicked, in times of darkness, instead of trusting in Me, they trust in themselves (kindle a light for themselves to walk by). The human devices for salvation are like the spark that goes out in an instant in darkness. The Bride Of the Messiah is a remnant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was excellent