Dead Man Walking

Did you ever feel like you were walking in the shadow of death? Life just seems to hand you the same o thing, day in and day out. Finding yourself not going anywhere real fast. I tend to craw back into my shell, pulling away from the rest of the world, hibernating sound good for the rest of my life.
Finally I sit still enough to listen to that small voice that kept trying to penetrate my thoughts. Crying out, “there has to be more to live than this! Can we not taste heaven while still on earth? Is there a purpose for me and were do I fit in? Is there such a thing as a good religion?”
Here is the answerer I received to all my questions:
“Be still and know that I am the Alpha and the Omega. I know the beginning and the end. Count all your trials as blessings, is not suffering a part of Me? Stop focusing on yourself and turn your eyes back on Me.
Have I not called you to be ‘doers’ of My Word. Did I not say there is a time and a season for everything. A time to work, a time to relax, a time to be alone, and a time to become a part of My team. Sometimes I call you into seclusion so that you can meditate and focus in on Me, be renewed and receive direction. But I did not mean for you to stay there for the rest of your days, for I need servants that are willing to lay down their lives and do My bidding.
Did I not say all is but vanity (a puff of air), this too shall pass. And yes, the work I have you doing is to be enjoyed – do you need to change your attitude? Did I not say to do all things as if on to me? Do not let your spirit become depress, you have a choice to dwell in self-pity or cheer yourself up. All depends on where you choice to focus your mind on. Did I not tell you to think of things whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Go wash your face and put on a cheerful countenance for by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.
My child, there is good and bad in all man made religions, but I have told you that a pure religion and undefiled before Me and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep yourself unspotted from the world. Keep searching and seeking Me to lead you to the one that I can use you best in.
I have a purpose for you and gave you a calling; do you not thing that the everyday things you do could be part My plans for you? I have loved you and have refining the weakness in your life – do not worry for you will shine like a diamond.
Go in peace, rest in Me for I do not forsaken the ones I love and I call you beloved.”

No comments: