I'm No Stepping-stone

Since I was a tiny little person, people had been trying to step on my toes. Then just when you think you’re getting ahead, someone steps on you, knocking you out of their way as they rush to get ahead.
But I am not a stepping-stone that will be cast away easily anymore. This lonely lady has removed her steps out of the path of life’s rat race. I never did understand why one had to step on another to get where they are going. Putting one down builds another up?
The only stepping going on now for this passive warrior is to follow the cobblestones of the straight and narrow way.
I may step low, and I may step high.
I may step far and I may step wide. But I’ll keep stepping on towards the prize.
If you see me stumble, you don’t have to look the other way, for it is not the first time and it probably wouldn’t be the last time I’ve done that or I’ve done so. Just don’t step on me where I lay. I will rise again and be on my way, for I know the Helper of life that guides the way.
I won’t step to the left, nor will I step to the right, but I will keep stepping all through the day till night.
You are free to pass me by if you’re only passing through, but I am no stepping-stone to be used.
I’m living like I’m dying, each and everyday, for life is too short to step the wrong way.
I’m no stepping-stone in anyone’s way. I am stepping like white lighting along the narrow way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Through listening with your spirit, I bless you to possess your birthright, to understand your legitimacy, to receive affirmation, to know your Father's time, timing, and seasons.