That's just who I am

I’ve been accused of being anti-social, uncompassionate, and an outspoken person, Living without feelings as I plunge dreadfully on. It has been a long, hard road to walk through this journey in life, trying just to survive, only knowing pain and sorrow, - but things are going to change!
On one hand it had to be the way it has been for the path I walked was to make me who I am.
But on the other hand, I now choose life to the fullest. That old hand dealt me is being stripped away. No more riding with the feeble nor hiding the eagle! This loner has grown!
On one hand I was the outlawed woman breaking every rule, my give a damn had been broken in two.
But on the other hand I have become a caring, considerate woman.
Cause that’s just who I am.
On one hand I had stinking thinking till I glanced down at my hands.
On the other hand, there is a golden wedding band that was given to me by a friend. Its
symbolizes the bride to the Groom, the One I was promised to. This is the reason my
attitude in life had to change, for I am to be an example of the over-comer, one to show
people the way through.
Cause that’s just who I am.
On one hand I allowed others to tell me who I am and to dictate my way.
But on the other hand I now know who I am in Him, as He guides me through the rest of my life.
Cause that’s just who I am.
On one hand I live an ordinary life, nothing exciting to write home about. I am
unknown, hidden from many, no one special, and just one of the majority.
But on the other hand, I wear this golden band, and my heart leaps for joy to spend my
day hearing His Word as we walk and talk together through every avenue.
Cause that’s just who I am.
On one hand, my choice of words in speech are too rough and often uncouth, and my spelling needs a lot of improvement.
But on the other hand, my words are down to earth, and one can understand what they mean.
Cause that’s just who I am.
On one hand nothing has really changed in life, but this eagle is flying a different way.
On the other hand, life is more peaceful, stress free, almost picture perfect on how I
spend my day.
Cause that’s just who I am!

No comments: