Blessing Others

Matt. 63-4 But when you doest alms, let not your left hand know what your right hand does. That your alms may be in secret: and your Father which sees in secret Himself shall reward you openly.

Giving something and expecting something in return is G-d’s way.
‘Now you owe me because I bless you’ is the worlds way,
(‘one scratches the others back’ sort of idea.)
Giving anonymously gives G-d the glory not the giver.
If one gives something, and says “I am blessing you” they are taking the ‘glory’, when they are only the vessel that G-d used.
It was suggested to me that if I wanted to bless others to give them ‘gift cards’ which could be mailed.
Or if it be a product to just leave it by their door.
When it is necessary hand it to them and if you need to say something besides ‘can you use this’, say: ‘G-d wants to bless you’.
Give ‘all the glory to G-d’ is found 11 times in Scripture, never does it say to take the bows or pat yourself on the back.

I remember in the 70’s it was preached if you receive your ‘reward’ here then you have not stored up treasures in heaven.

Any thoughts on the idea?

No comments: