Lost Faith?

“For I walk through the cities of this Earth where you so your deal-making. And it is as I pas you by, beloved, that My cheeks are hot with tears shed for you. For, indeed, has it not been I who was beside you even from when you were a child? Has it not been My presence that was with you in the travail of your soul you cried out? And in the valley of the shadow when none knew your agony of heart, was I not beside you, child? Was it not strange that those coincidences that delivered you from events that could have destroyed the course of your life where in parallel to those nights when you cried out to Me?
But as you grew in years, in the knowledge of worldly things, your heart once tender and open to Me became hardened and your conscience scared. And so as you grew in the ways of a perverse and thankless generation, you rejected faith as you knew it. And you threw Me aside as a childish thing.
Yes still in your times of greatest pain you would all out to Me. And in great compassion I would come to you, and you would know My comfort. But then the morning light would dawn, and memories of Me would fade. And so you grew in your own self-sufficiency.
And so it came, that through the passage of time you started to look upon Me and Mine with cynicism. And your heart became jaded and filled with unbelief. And so it was that your rationalized that you indeed put away childish things, and so you embraced the atheism of a perverse generation and rejected Me.
But still I was there as an onlooker, weeping for you, calling you tenderly until you closed the door to your heart completely. I watch over the years as you strove to find your way alone through the ruthlessness of life around you.
Your tentatively reached out to love, and then learned that risk hurt you. And so the first of your barriers was erected and then the second and the third, until love was a disregarded ideal, until you became as much the abuser as the abused.
And still I watched you, as you rose up the ranks of society and learned the fine are of disguise. And how well you wore your masks. And I watched as you mastered the lies until truth became so distorted that even the lies seemed like truth and the truth was despised.
And so now, My child, held in such high esteem by a renegade generation – you hold your position – you have achieved many desires, and many goals have been accomplished. And so you say in your heart: I have lost faith. And you scoff behind their backs at those few who still hold on to the vestiges of faith amidst the masses filled with cynicism and unbelief.
Yes, still some nights, I enter your household, and silently, unnoticed by you, I stand by your bedside. And I watch the hardness on your face ease as weariness enfolds you and the stresses and strains of all that encompasses your life today dissolved away in sleep’s deep respite. And I too remember a time when in your tender years you held out your heart to Me in wonder and in innocence. And it is as I remember one so esteemed by the society who does your bidding…
It is as I remember that the tears course down My face for you.
For you see, my child, you did not lose faith …. You have lost Me”.
‘The Unknown Prophet’.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This book is AWESOME