Rejecting the call!

When I was in my early twenties, I was over to my mother’s house to taking off the upstairs storm windows, her windows were at floor level. Having removed the storm window and getting ready to put in the screen; I felt a tremendous pull, a suctioning that was trying to pull me out. It was a calm sunny day so what was this pull? Were was it coming from? I was paralyzed! I could not craw back away from the window, and had to place my hands on both sides of the frame to keep from being pulled out.
I remained there for what seems an eternity, trying to figure it out, not being able to get away. Finally I called for help. When rescuers came, I ask to be pulled away from the window. They thought I was nuts but put their hands on me and pulled me back. Once the screen was in place the suctioning left me alone. And I thought no more of it but stayed away from open windows.
Then when I was in my thirties and married, we had an upstairs door that needed replacing. The carpenters removed the door completely leaving no screen but an open space. I had forgotten about the other incidence so when I was on the staircase preparing to go pass the open space, I felt the familiar suctioning coming from were the door use to be. It was like calling me, pulling me to step out “don’t be afraid just come out to me”, it seem to say.
Panic hit once again, knowing there was no one to call for help this time. I drop what I had in my hands and plastered myself to the side of the railing holding on with dear life. Trying to rationally think – what to do? Why is this happening to me? Why doesn’t anyone believe me? Am I going nuts after all? Am I a big baby? How do I overcome this fear?
Finally I inch me way one baby step at a time pass the door, still holding on to the wall to keep from being pulled out. This time I did not tell any one about it, better if no one else knows, when I don’t even know what the problem is. And remained indoors until the door was replaced, as time when on I once again forgot all about it.
Now I am in my fifties and well laying in bed dreaming, it all returned to me. As I was laying there meditating on it, asking the L-rd what it was all about this thought came to me: Just as the L-rd has a call on your life so does the adversary. The adversary counterfeits everything the L-rd does. The L-rd calls you in quite gentle ways, were the adversary pulls, frightens, or sucks you into his calling.
Through my ignorance I still rejected his calling and now with understanding that technique would not work on me again. I praise the L-rd he watches over us in every step of our walk as we journey though this life! Sending angels to guard us from harms way.
Praise be to G-d for all He has done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what the Lord has walked though with you is true what God does best, reconciling us back to Him.